Materials Science and Metallurgical Engineering
Characterization and Fabrication of Al and Mg Metal Matrix Composites
Solidification Analysis by CAE for Automotive Casting Parts
Characterization of Plasma Heat Treated Metal Dies
Ph.D., University of Tokyo, Japan, 1983
1. Park, I. M., et al., "Mechanical Property and Fracture Behavoir of Squeeze-Cast Mg matrix Composites," Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, Vol. 29A, pp. 2543-2554, 1998.
2. Park, I. M., et al., "Precipitation Hardening Behavior of SiC Whisker Reinforced Al-Cu Based Alloys Composites," Materials Science Forum, Vol. 242, pp. 165-172, 1997.
3. Park, I. M., et al., "Formation of Luders Lines in Al-Mg Alloys," Materials Science Forum, Vol. 217-222, pp. 1031-1036, 1996.
4. Park, I. M., et al., "Effect of Applied Pressure on Mechanical Properties of Squeeze Cast Mg Matrix Composites," Metals and Materials, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 37-46, 1995.
5. Park, I. M., et al., "Microstructure and Wear Properties of Low-Alloy Phosphoric Gray Cast Irons," Metals and Materials, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 63-70, 1995.
President, Pusan Kyungnam Automotive Techno Center, Korea (1996-Present)
President, Technology Business Incubator, Pusan National University, Korea (1993-1995)
President, Pusan Kyungnam Center of KAITECH, Korea (1992-1995)
Visiting Professor, Arizona State University, U.S.A. (1987-1988)
Professor, Metallurgical Engineering, Pusan National University, Korea (1983-Present)
Professional Societies & Activities
Senior Member, Japan Foundry Engineering Society (1983-Present)
Senior Member, Iron and Steel Institute of Japan (1977-Present)
Associate Editor, The Korean Institute of Metals and Materials (1990-Present)
Associate Editor, The Korean Foundrymen`s Society (1985-Present)
Associate Editor, The Korean Society for Composite Materials (1995-1999)
Honors and Awards
Best Paper Award, The Korean Foundrymens Society, Korea (1993)
Distinguished Member Award, The Korean Foundrymens Society, Korea (1999)
International Joint Research & Activities
Joint Research with Professor A. Kamino at Tokyo Institute of Technology, "Precipitation Hardening Behavior of SiC/Al Composites" (1997-1998)
Joint Research with Professor F. Klein at Aalen University, "Metal Mold Design by CAE" (1998-1999)